Do you want to become a nurse? Have you always enjoyed serving humanity? As we talk about nursing as a noble profession, we instantly remember Florence Nightingale. She gave pride to the nursing profession in which she organized to take care of the sick and wounded fighters during the Crimean war. If you, too, want to become a nurse, just like Florence Nightingale, choose a nursing college right away!
But it isn’t easy to choose a good nursing college in Bangalore among thousands of options. That is why we have brought some points for you to remember before you finalize selecting the right college.
Step-by-Step Guide to Choosing the Best College
- Firstly, list all the colleges in Bangalore that are INC accredited. You must think, why is INC accreditation so important. Yes, it is essential because The INC or the Indian Nursing Council is a regulatory body responsible for establishing and monitoring standards of nursing education in nursing colleges across India. Hence, it is impossible to achieve a degree from a college not registered with the INC. Even if you get a degree from a college that is not INC accredited, it will be of no value in the future when you go for jobs. Your degree will stand invalid, and you may not get any position at the end of your training program.
- Secondly, after forming a complete list of all the colleges in Bangalore, now it’s your turn to analyze them one by one, considering all the college’s facilities. Shortlist some of the best colleges of your choice after reviewing the faculty system, administration, accreditation, job placements, the courses they offer, and all other factors that drive your thinking while crafting that list.
- It is always wise to choose colleges with a placement cell of its own so that you can directly get a job through placements at top hospitals or nursing homes soon after completing your degree program. Be smart and make a list of all these factors.
- Another vital point that you as students might want to consider is- the course you’ll be studying. You need to choose subjects you love. Choosing complex subjects, you cannot handle will get you in serious trouble once your degree program starts. Therefore, give extra time to think about which degree suits you the best. There are degrees and diplomas. Students are also free to choose certificate courses which range anywhere from 6months to 1 year.
- Most nursing colleges offer both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs, but many colleges don’t! So it’s imperative to choose colleges that offer degrees at both levels so that after finishing your UG degree if you want to go for a PG course, you don’t have to change your college for that.
- Choose a nursing college in Bangalore with good records of teaching faculty. Experienced teachers must use a variety of teaching aids, including the traditional lecture method, high fidelity simulation, concept mapping, audio-visual techniques, games, role play, case study, and more to ensure effective learning!
- After you have considered all the factors, rank your priorities. Number them wisely, weighing the pros and cons of a particular college while you are working on choosing the right college. Delve into the various departments of the college. You can even go through the online college website to get a clear idea about the institution you are willing to take admission in. You can also get more advice from expert professionals or education counselors about choosing a good nursing college and check out the complete rankings of the best colleges to finalize your decision.
We hope we walked you through the entire process of short-listing your most desired colleges and choosing the best college among them. We know it is an essential step for you because choosing a college is a lifetime decision.